Don Mashburn Inc designs and manufactures a range of valves as well as downhole screens utilising the best in drill string filtering technology.
[expand title=”Downhole Filter Screen (DFS)” rel=”DFS”]
THE MASHBURN DOWNHOLE FILTER SCREEN (DFS)
with fish-thru feature is the world’s leader in drill string filtering technology. Our DFS can be placed anywhere in the drill string, but is usually located directly above critical equipment. The DFS can ensure that drilling fluids will operate to their potential without tool jamming debris causing NPT and unnecessary failures to vital equipment. To date, the DFS has logged over 100,000 rental days in almost very drilling environment imaginable. The filters are NS-1 certified (for North Sea service) and are currently in service in 19 different countries. Custom applications are gladly accommodated upon request. PATENTS: 6,598,685; 7,549,486; 8,746,340
DFS PRODUCT DETAILS
- High strength steel and non-mag subs available
- Designed for todays MWD equipment, the filter is an inexpensive insurance – especially in deep water applications
- The DFS can be located near the MWD tools to filter drill pipe scale and dried cements
- Unique Hi-flow design filters effectively with minimal flow reduction
- Don Mashburn’s DFS has been proven effective with positive and negative pulse tools
- Eliminates NPT by keeping equipment debris free
- Highly resistant to wear for longer trouble free bit runs
- Provides a port through the filter for fishing
- Custom built subs and screens are available upon request
[expand title=”Drill Pipe Screen (DPS)” rel=”DPS”]
DMI SURFACE SCREENS were the first bar type screens to be introduced to the oilfield. The bar screens are designed to catch more debris and to protect the integrity of the drilling fluid. Positioned in the top stand of drill pipe, these filters never go below the rig floor, allowing for easy and often clean out. Three filter sizes and a large inventory of different sized flanges ensure that there is a DMI-SS available to fit your needs. Same day delivery is available.
DPS PRODUCT DETAILS
- Innovative design provides increased flow capacity and greater resistance to flow damage
- Round stainless steel rods provide strength and resist corrosion under the harshest conditions
- Stainless steel rings stabilize the rods and add to the screens’ durability
- Protects all BHA from debris
- Can be checked, cleaned ,and changed at every connection
- Wire line retrievable
- Interchangeable flange, compatible with all standard and most specialty connections
- Field serviceable
- Recommended for: mud pump filters and screens, ditch magnets, shaker screens and hammer unions
- Some top drive saver subs may need modification to accommodate the filter
Drill String Valves:
[expand title=”Drop In Check Valve” rel=”DICV”]
THE DON MASHBURN, INC. DROP IN CHECK VALVE is an essential drilling tool that prevents return flow during a kick. It can be used in most drilling situations where return flow through the drill string is a risk and the benefits of a full bore sub are needed during normal operation. The drop in check valve can be pumped into place when needed and removed when fluid operations can resume.
DICV PRODUCT DETAILS
Metal to metal technology
High temperature and pressure rated
One- or two-piece bodies
[expand title=”Inside B.O.P. Valve” rel=”BOP”]
INSIDE B.O.P. VALVE
The Don Mashburn, Inc one- and two-piece I.B.O.P. Valves are dart style positive check valves in the drill string. These are non-return check valves, allowing pumping through the valve into the drill string and offering a positive one-way seal that prevents a well from an uncontrollable kick flowing up the drill string, protecting your swivel, standpipe, and pumps.
[expand title=”Kelly Valves” rel=”KV”]
1 & 2 PIECES
Don Mashburn, Inc. one- and two-piece Kelly Valves are designed for high pressure conditions and will hold pressure from both directions, providing a positive seal in the event of a kick. Having full bore openings also allows the unrestricted flow of drilling fluid, reducing wear on critical parts while providing unrestricted access for downhole tools. The one-piece Kelly Valve is another variance of the two-piece where length or working space is problematic.
KV PRODUCT DETAILS
- Compact, easy to handle, and maintains great strength and durability
- Working pressure of 10,000 psi with 15,000 psi available
- Both upper and lower valves meet API specifications and our own stringent testing
- One-piece valves save space in the string
- Standard and full-opening are available
[expand title=”Safety Valve” rel=”SV”]
The ball type safety valve is designed to be stabbed into the top joint of the drill pipe or tubing at the rig floor and closed quickly in case a well kicks. After weight material is added to the mud, the Kelly Valve can be reconnected, the safety valve opened, and circulation initiated.
[expand title=”Side Outlet/Pump In Sub” rel=”SOPS”]
INTEGRAL SIDE ENTRY SUB
Don Mashburn, Inc. offers a full line of side entry subs. One- and two-piece configurations are available and are manufactured with internal Stub-Acme threads. Our two-piece sub is machined and thread locked, not welded, for added strength and reliability.
[expand title=”Mashburn Float Valve (MFV)” rel=”MFV”]
THE MASHBURN FLOAT VALVE (MFV) was developed in response to the rigorous demands of today’s drilling environments. The MFV employs a high strength spring loaded ball check and metal seat arrangement that is superior to existing floats, especially in highly deviated drilling applications. PATENTS 7,604,063
MFV PRODUCT DETAILS
- Fast acting ball system will not hang open during horizontal drilling
- The MFV fits all current float bores – no custom built subs needed
- All size floats can be ported or non-ported by removing two allen screws
- Serviceable in the field-large and small kits available
- Meets the needs of a demanding drilling environments
- The High strength spring and ball system provide instantaneous shut off against high or low pressure, eliminating breakage of a wet joint
- Prevents bit plugging while making connections
- Designed for all drilling applications including H2S
- Highly resistant to wear for longer bit runs
- Can handle higher flow rates and exotic mud systems
[expand title=”Hi Temp Sub” rel=”HTFS”]
The Mashburn High-Temp Float valve is designed for the harshest temperature environments.
The all metal sealing design has eliminated any elastomers used in traditional float valve and sub.
Each High-Temp float valve is pressure tested to ensure well string integrity..
[expand title=”Tools Baskets (TB)” rel=”TB”]
[expand title=”Drill String Valves” rel=”DSV”]
[expand title=”Subs” rel=”S”]
Don Mashburn Inc. builds and services a wide array of Specialty Subs.
X Over / Pumpin Side Outlet / Specialty Subs